- 21b9 Falkland Islands
- When to go
- Good to know
- Visa and Passport
- Traveler Advice
48HourVisit.comPlanning a short visit? Check out 48HourVisit.com, your online guide for short stays and weekend getaways.
A compact group of 740 land masses south of the Atlantic, the Falklands is a great natural wonder of the modern world. Vast colonies of Magellanic penguins, black-browed albatross and seals welcome guests to the realm of Neotropics. From high cliff-tops to pristine beaches, whales and dolphins riding the surf dominate the view. There are pinniped sea lions, considered as the sea's elephants for being the largest in the globe, that bask in a natural, unpolluted environment without enclosures—with just the company of crisp winds, rainbows and voluminous clouds. As for the rest of the details, nature does the talking.
Variety is also a Falkland trademark, whether the thirst is for adventure or for quieter pleasures. From personal encounters with the bird kind, to trout fishing, hiking, clay pigeon shooting, and self-exploration or guided tours to the pilot city of Stanley, the Falklands open a wide door of opportunity for a heart-to-heart talk with its nature, people or culture.
Since Britain holds the Islands' executive authority, about 70 percent of Falklanders are of British descent, while the remaining 30 percent are of French, Gibraltarian, Portuguese, Scandinavian and Chilean blood. Although diversified, the people here are generally sunny, with a sweet-tooth for comfort dining and organic food.
While the Falklands are a popular cruise stop, many still prefer to travel through aircraft, where pilots do not only carry prized rams and newborn foals, but also a tank full of stories about all things Falkland.
What to see in Salzburg, Austria
Salzburg is a charming town on the banks of the Salzach River. On the left bank, on top of the Monchsberg, stands the fortress, which dominates the center of town with many houses in the '500 and '600. In addition to wander through the streets and pastries, you can visit the Cathedral, the Residenz in which they lived archbishops and princes, the castle of Maribel with the beautiful gardens ... Read full Blog post
Road To Sri Lanka Tours- Inbound Tour Operaters in Sri Lanka
OUR MISSION The mission of Road To Sri Lanka Tours is to provide unique, tours and travel experiences, for a niche market of discriminating clients, which results in their satisfaction, evidenced by repeat booking as well as favorable word-of-mouth comments. Road To Sri Lanka Tours seeks to distinguish itself as a specialist in the field of luxury travel and to be recognized for ... Read full Blog post
Baguio: City of Pines
This is SM City Baguio. The biggest mall in the city. I never imagine to live here in Baguio for a long time. But becuase of studies, I prefer to take my college course here than in Manila. After a two year long of staying in here I am learning to appreciate what Baguio has to offer to its tourists and locals. But seeing its changes from its foundation last 1909, Baguio grew a lot faster ... Read full Blog post
San Gimignano and San Pellegrino
Night falls on the flourishing and industrious San Gimignano, its 72 towers stand on the low roofs of the houses lit by the moon. This is not a luxury travel spot but is something you don't see every day. In the distance the clatter of hooves echoed tired in the Via Francigena. The hand of the blacksmith stops beating, the frame of the weaver becomes silent, the streets of the tank only a concert ... Read full Blog post